New Jersey False Arrest Attorney
Our law firm handles false arrest cases in New Jersey.
Bryan Konoski and Kira Treyvus are New Jersey false arrest attorneys. Both of the attorneys have significant experience in constitutional law, civil rights law, and the law governing false arrest in New Jersey. The attorneys utilize their extensive experience fighting to obtain maximum awards for victims of false arrest cases.
False arrest cases often cover other aspects of police misconduct, including:
- Police Brutality and Excessive Force
- False Arrest and Wrongful Arrest and False Imprisonment
- Police Shootings
- Taser Injuries
- Baton and Nightstick Injuries
The Police are legally allowed to make an arrest when there is probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed. Probable cause is often described as a “reasonable suspicion” that a crime has been committed. However, when police do not have probable cause to make an arrest, and when they make an arrest anyway, this is considered a “false arrest”. If you have been the victim of false arrest in New Jersey, contact a police misconduct law firm in NJ as soon as possible.
What if you experience false arrest in New Jersey?
If a law enforcement officer engages in police misconduct, violates your civil rights, is physically aggressive with you, or is subjecting you to a false arrest, you should still comply with their requests as best as possible. Do not be aggressive in response or give the officer any indication of non-cooperation, as it may be used against you should you decide bring a false arrest lawsuit against the police officer. Do your best to remain calm throughout your entire encounter with the police. Then, as soon as you are able, contact a false arrest lawyer in NJ.
If you or a family member have been the victim of false arrest in NJ, a false arrest case may be brought against the police officer. Call the false arrest lawyers at Treyvus & Konoski for a review of the false arrest case.
Some of Bryan Konoski and Kira Treyvus’ high profile false arrest cases are as follows:
- 2 Rutgers Students Beaten by Police: Police barge into innocent student’s apartment while investigating other students in a rooming house. The police beat and stomp on the students and then require them to sit in the cold in their underwear for hours. As a result, a New Jersey false arrest case was brought.
- Beating of One-Eyed Man: Police are sued in false arrest case where the officer beat a one-eyed man in his only functional eye in front of independent eye-witnesses. The police officer was fired.
- Caught on Camera: Victim of false arrest in NJ had his head smashed into roof of squad car. The video went viral on the internet and on television.
- 15 Year Old Boy Roughed Up: A 15 year old boy was subjected to false arrest when he filmed the officer after being stopped for being in a local park after dark.
Bryan Konoski and Kira Treyvus are false arrest lawyers and false arrest lawyers in NJ and NY. If you or a family member were subjected to false arrest, excessive force, false arrest, or wrongful arrest, contact us today! Our direct telephone number is (917) 922-2922. Or, simply click here and contact us now!